Odd results with loopback test

unicast

Registered
Hi! I've been trying to google my problem, but it seems either very unique or I don't understand some very simple basics of REW.
I'm installed REW 5.20 on Mac OS 10.16 and trying to run a simple loopback measurement of my Audient iD14 MK1 (out 1 goes to input 1).
I adjusted the levels to match, but when I do a measurement I'm always getting a picture like that:

I can't believe it's true because such distortions will be very audible.
I also tried to use two other ports in different combinations, using different levels and adjusting both in and out buffers - same results.
Any clues?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
There is some monitoring active, so some of the input signal is being fed to the output. Monitoring must be completely off.

unicast

Registered
Yes, that was one of my first clues and I made sure that the ID software (that turns on live monitoring) is switched off and tested with another audio source that no sound is coming through.

unicast

Registered
Ok, thanks for your suggestion, I tried one more test with ID Software running and both of the input channels muted - now it's showing me a flat-ish curve. The issue seems resolved, thank you for a very prompt answer!

Top Bottom