Noob Questions

whazzup

Registered
My left speaker has to be close to the side wall because of my table position. When recording using the moving microphone method / RTA from the listening position, I believe the side reflections creates a consistent ~1.5db boost to the left compared to the right speaker, although I could be wrong and either my speakers or amp has differing volume. Then, when I'm using the EQ function, under Target Level, I see different values calculated for the Left / Right.

So my question is, should I...
a. When recording the separate channels (pink noise), increase my R channel volume to get 75db, then let my EQ target level for both channels be the same db? Or,
b. Before I measure, increase my R channel to get a close match with my L first, then follow option a? Or,
c. Record the separate channels with the same volume (L at ~75db, R at ~73.5db), then set target levels for both channels at the same db? Or,
d. Record the separate channels with the same volume (L at ~75db, R at ~73.5db), but let the target levels be different (based on calculated value)?
Or some other method?

I guess I'm still trying to understand how the target level option affects the final result.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Top Bottom