Front Speakers
Acoustic Energy AE! Active
Subwoofers
Dynaudio 9s (pair)
Streaming Equipment
Wiim Pro
Streaming Subscriptions
Tidal
Wondering if anyone can help me with more specific guidance on physical setup and preference setting for my particular arrangements (am new to this).

I have an RME ADI-2 DAC FS, feeding a pair of active subs, which in turn feed active satellite monitors. PC or Wiim Pro feed music to the DAC via USB or Coax. DAC doesn't have any line inputs, only spdif, usb.

I have the Umik 1 Mic, but unclear about whether I am missing some hardware still. The REW overview pages seem to suggest I might (something 'with line inputs and line or headphone outputs'), I don't have any loop back setup but was not clear from the help pages if this is required when using a USB mic. Can anyone confirm, and point to an appropriate device for my setup? (or more specific instructions on this setup? eg. a setup schematic like on the help pages but for external DAC type scenario?)

Also am I stuck (unable to do any measurement and calibration) with this setup until I have that device and other hardware connections? I managed to get some signal out to the DAC and speakers from REW using ASIO drivers, but can't get the Umik mic to appear in the input section when using ASIO, and was getting some error messages when trying to use the Java drivers (I could see the Umik mic when using Java, but got a 'no input lines available' error)

Last edited:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
unclear about whether I am missing some hardware still
No, you're not.

I managed to get some signal out to the DAC and speakers from REW using ASIO drivers
ASIO only supports a single device for input and output. ASIO wrappers like FlexASIO get around that by pretending to be a single ASIO device but connecting to separate input and output devices behind the scenes. You should be able to use the Java drivers however, making sure to select devices whose names start "EXCL" indicating they are accessed via a WASAPI Exclusive driver. You will need the RME to be operating at 48 kHz since that is the only rate the UMIK-1 supports.

Last edited:

telephunke

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
RME ADI-2 DAC FS
Computer Audio
Tidal
DAC
RME ADI-2 DAC FS
Front Speakers
Acoustic Energy AE! Active