No output from subwoofer during a sweep?

theconqueror

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Denon AVR-660H
Front Speakers
JBL530
I have my receiver (Denon 660H) subwoofer settings set for LFE + Mains. When I use the system normally the subwoofer works just fine, but when I try to run a sweep in REW the two fronts work, but the subwoofer doesnt. I'm currently using the java drivers as I just have two fronts and the subwoofer. Any suggestions? Including the REW file incase that helps.

I just got my first real "home theater" setup and my dad lent me his Definitive SC8000 sub to try out. It sounds...odd. Even on the lowest volume it sounds loud and doesnt blend too nicely with the mains. I figured I would try out REW and see if there was anything I could see.

PS - this thing has an 8" driver. You people telling me I need two 21" subs might be crazy or I'm blissfully rolling in my ignorance :)

Attachments

• withsub.mdat
    1.9 MB · Views: 9

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The receiver needs to be in a mode that redirects bass from the mains to the subwoofer and the mains need to be configured as bass-limited (or 'small', terminology varies amongst devices).

theconqueror

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Denon AVR-660H
Front Speakers
JBL530
I thought I got around that by setting the subwoofer to LFE + mains, but then I also noticed that Windows was configured for Stereo without the subwoofer. Thank you for the reply, I'll try that tonight. I might have to fuss with things for a little while.

Top Bottom