No minus signs in Alignment Tool delay?

brec

Registered
Nothing changed between these two "Align phase slopes at cursor" results except swapping the top and bottom (A and B) measurements:

The notes content resulting from the measurement generated by the "Aligned sum" button:
Alignment tool sum
A = LR 120
B = Subs 120
B was delayed by -15.7700 ms (-5.409 m, -(17 ft 9 in))

The notes content resulting from the measurement generated by the "Aligned sum" button:
Alignment tool sum
A = Subs 120
B = LR 120
B was delayed by 15.7700 ms (5.409 m, 17 ft 9 in)

Am I correct in believing that in the first result the delay in the Alignment tool window should have a minus sign as it does in the sum's measurement note? I understand that a "negative delay" is impossible in absolute terms, but here isn't the delay relative between the two measurements, and the relative delay of each would have a sign inverse to its change in distance?

Last edited:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The attached images do not reflect the text below them, they are swapped. The aligned sum notes have the same delay figure as the dialog. When the delay slider is left of centre the delay is negative, as shown by the equivalent distance figure to the right of the slider. On macOS, however, it looks like the width for the field that shows the delay figure is not sufficient to include the - sign for delays more negative than -10 ms, I'll add extra space for the next build.

brec

Registered
The attached images do not reflect the text below them, they are swapped.
Indeed, I'm sorry; as so often happens, I introduced that composition error in an edit. It's now fixed in a further edit.

On macOS, however, it looks like the width for the field that shows the delay figure is not sufficient to include the - sign for delays more negative than -10 ms, I'll add extra space for the next build.
Thanks! It pleases me to think I could be in the running for reporting the smallest possible bug in REW.

EDIT: I deleted a "hijacking" of my own thread that asked about a crossover selection procedure I found on youtube. I've decided to abandon that procedure in favor of another one posted later by the same poster.

Last edited:
Top Bottom