No loopback seen on Lenovo/Win7Home

justthisguy

Registered
Hi all. I'm stumped.

Been using REW for years on a HP Win7Pro with no issues.

Always M-Audio USB Pre or Behringer UMC202HD for in/out.

Now I try to run it on a Lenovo Win7 Home Premium but can't get it to work.

No matter what I try REW can't see the loopback signal/channel.

I have output – I have input from microphone – just no reference signal.

Been going back and forth from working machine to not working machine and for the life of me I can't find the magic button.

Thanks kindly for any help.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Difficult to know how to help from the info provided, there isn't really enough detail. Screenshots of the REW soundcard preferences, Measure dialog, level meters and the windows audio properties for the input device (Advanced tab) may show something.

EarlK

Hi all. I'm stumped.

Been using REW for years on a HP Win7Pro with no issues.

Always M-Audio USB Pre or Behringer UMC202HD for in/out.

Now I try to run it on a Lenovo Win7 Home Premium but can't get it to work.

No matter what I try REW can't see the loopback signal/channel.

I have output – I have input from microphone – just no reference signal.

Been going back and forth from working machine to not working machine and for the life of me I can't find the magic button.

Thanks kindly for any help.

Are you currently using a Loop-Back cable with either of those 2 soundcards ?

( Perhaps previously you were counting on the Windows "Listen-To-This-Device" feature to auto-magically create the signal///timing loop for you )

( The cable method is mandatory )

:)

justthisguy

Registered
Are you currently using a Loop-Back cable with either of those 2 soundcards ?

( Perhaps previously you were counting on the Windows "Listen-To-This-Device" feature to auto-magically create the signal///timing loop for you )

( The cable method is mandatory )

:)
yes...loop-back cable for both.

the weird thing is the identical patching set up and REW settings work on my hp-win7 pro (and my old lenovo xp) with either pre amp...

just not the "new" lenovo win7 home..........ahhhh just found it..REW settings were not as identicle as i thought....user error on my part.

Last edited:

justthisguy

Registered
Difficult to know how to help from the info provided, there isn't really enough detail. Screenshots of the REW soundcard preferences, Measure dialog, level meters and the windows audio properties for the input device (Advanced tab) may show something.
thank you for reply. i am sorting the screenshots to post.

justthisguy

Registered
Oh my word, how embarrassing!

I just saw that I must select loop-back as timing ref in the make a measurement window.

It works now... :redgrin:

Top Bottom