REW Beta Release No input signal

Justin Jap-tjong

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Duet 2
Hi there,

I have a problem with my input signal reaching REW. I want to calibrate my SoundCard and then measure my room.

This is my setup:
Mac book pro > duet 2 > presonus Central Station Plus monitor controller > studio monitors

I’ve watched every tutorials for a loop back signal but nothing works. The signal seems to reach my laptop, because it shows in my apogee software but somehow it doesn’t reach REW.

I tried different settings in the preference window in REW.

Could u please help me figure this out?

Kind regards, Justin

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Which REW version and which macOS version? If you are on Mojave or later you need to use the latest V5. 20 beta from the REW downloads here.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Please post some screenshots of your REW soundcard preferences and the mac's Audio Midi Setup app settings for the duet 2.

Justin Jap-tjong

Registered
More  
Duet 2
Here are Some screenshots:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Very strange. Can you make selections besides "Default input" and "Default output" in the input and output dropdowns?

There don't seem to be any specific issues with the Duet, @akebrake and @dwillis60 both use Duet with REW.

Justin Jap-tjong

Registered
More  
Duet 2
Its very strange indeed. It has to be the REW software because i tried the MacBook mic as well and no input signal in REW.

Beside the “default input and output” the options are, on the output side “speaker” and input “microphone”. Tried those options as well.

I checked in different software such as Ableton and another measurement software, and the input signal showed. So that’s why i think it has to be the software.

Thanks for replying as quickly as u guys do! Really appreciate that!

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Did you say OK when macOS asked if REW could access the mic? REW should appear in the list of apps with microphone access on the Privacy tab.

Justin Jap-tjong

Registered
More  
Duet 2
Thanks u so much! It’s solved! I guess when I first opened the software I didn’t press ok to access the mic!

I accepted REW in the privacy app as u mentioned!

Thanks so much! Really appreciate u guys and what u guys do!

Top Bottom