no bass when using equalizer apo

drnick88101

hello. i have a 5.1 setup connected via analog to realtek motherboard. I am trying to use REW on my PC with equalizer apo. Every eq filter i generate sounds really good except it has no bass at all. As soon as I activate the filter the subwoofer stops playing anything. Is there a toggle or setting I need to change so my generated eq will still send sound to the subwoofer. I manually analyzed all 6 speakers individually and then averaged them all together (i also tried averaging without the subwoofer) and made the eq from the average. is that even supposed to be how im supposed to do it? ive tried to follow all the guides i could find for it but i still couldnt figure out the bass problem.

skid00

More  
Main Amp
2 x Adcom GFA 555
Front Speakers
Carver Amazing Platinum Mark IV
You probably need to add a subwoofer channel in EQ APO...? Or you have one, and it's set to a low value.

I'm not sure how you connect the PC to the amp...

drnick88101

Thank you for your suggestion. I now have 6 different EQ files for each speaker. I made sure to use the subwoofer setting for the sub EQ. When I load all 6 EQs I have the same problem, no bass. It is most noticeable as soon as I turn on the EQ for the L speaker. I attached the 6 EQs I made in case i did something wrong.

Attachments

• C.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 6
  • FL.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 5
  • FR.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 5
  • RL.txt
  • RR.txt
  • Sub.txt