Holsta

Registered
More  
Front Speakers
Yamaha HS7
Other Speakers or Equipment
Steinberg UR44 interface
Hi everyone

Just moved into a new room with my small studio set up.
I noticed when I moved in here, as I went round clapping, I was getting a kind of flutter echo which I though was undesirable and maybe I needed some treatment, so a friend gave me a load of acoustic foam and I have placed some one the wall directly in front of me, some on the wall behind me where the speakers are firing at, at ear level and a couple directly opposite my sitting position.
I also have big shelf unit full of vinyl directly behind me, which will be offering some diffusion I gather.

I have just moved into this room from my irregular shaped loft and found that the sound here is a lot worse, causing me to mix on my headphones to achieve a better mix, which has helped and at the moment making my speakers redundant to a degree, which I want to get back to using them.

I have downloaded REW, bought a Behringer ECM8000 and had a play with the settings. I have taken some measurements from my seating position centre, left and right of that position also.

I wonder if anyone would be kind enough to have a look at my graph and offer any advice, I can see there are peaks at certain frequencies, 73Hz, 131Hz, 282Hz and so on looking at the graph from my seating position.
Advice I would ask is, is it as simple as reducing some of these curves with an EQ between the output of my interface and speakers, or on my protools master bus?
For example at 281 Hz the difference from where the graph is flat and the peak is approx 1.1db
Does this look like a decent curve to anyone, a really bad one, average? to me its doesn't seem that bad, just looks bad as its zoomed in quite a bit.

Thanks in advance

Craig

Attachments

• REW Graph.png
    REW Graph.png
    44.7 KB · Views: 26

skid00

More  
Main Amp
2 x Adcom GFA 555
Front Speakers
Carver Amazing Platinum Mark IV
Could you post the .mdat file?

Holsta

Registered
More  
Front Speakers
Yamaha HS7
Other Speakers or Equipment
Steinberg UR44 interface
Could you post the .mdat file?
Hi

Thanks for the reply, I have had another play actually with the updated version of REW.
Here is the .mdat file

Scratch that it doesn't look like I can add the file or post a link to a transfer yet as this is my 1st post!

Last edited:
Top Bottom