Center Channel Speaker
Martin Logan EM C2
Surround Speakers
Martin Logan FX2
Screen
P85QX-H1
Remote Control
Logitech One
Has anyone else checked for an updated calibration files from MiniDSP for thier UMIK-1. I found that my UMIK-1 had new calibration files and I loaded it in to REW. Now my UMIK-1 reads 5dBs lower than the last cal file. I am wondering if this is correct?

I have attached both calibration files for review.

Attachments

• 7080310_90deg-OLD.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 217
  • 7080310_90deg.txt
    10.1 KB · Views: 333

Flak

VIP Supporter
Yes, in the past there had been an error with some calibration files and the issue has been corrected by miniDSP so that it can happen that the new cal file is different

golfbravo

Registered
Yes, in the past there had been an error with some calibration files and the issue has been corrected by miniDSP so that it can happen that the new cal file is different
Any idea when this change happened? If I downloaded this month do I need to check?

jayro

Registered
Hi, can I ask how it is you knew it was an updated file please? thanks.

spencerhg

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Arcam AVR550
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Oppo
Front Speakers
Triad
Center Channel Speaker
Triad
Surround Speakers
Triad
Subwoofers
Triad
Screen
Samsung
What is the difference between the two files, one being labelled OLD? How do I know which to use? Thanks.

WillK

Registered
I just checked the files for my UMIK-1 and in my case too the currently available calibration files are different from what I originally downloaded after purchase.

Thanks very kmartinka for calling this to attention.

GordonD

Thanks for this information, I have just downloaded my new calibration files which have different Sensitivity Factors, so now I know all my previous measurements were 3dB out! I am glad the frequency response is the same.
Sens Factor old = -1.359dB
Sens Factor new =1.641dB

franksr

Registered
A dumb question. If the number of the file hasn’t changed, does that mean I have the current file? I heard about a new file but when I entered my serial number, the file number is the same number I currently have.

GordonD

Not dumb at all!
Its is confusing, but the file name numbers are still the same, just the Sensitivity factor has been changed by 3dB in my files, maybe this is the same for all of them.
The only way to know if you have the latest version of your file is to download it again. (I renamed the old ones first so I didn't overwrite them). Then you can compare the new with the old to see the differences.

franksr

Registered
Thank you very much. I went ahead and deleted my original files, replacing them with the currently available version. Someone needs to do better with the file naming convention. I just wanted to determine if I needed to run REW again.

TedC

Registered
Thank you!!! Now using the updated file.
Old file spec: Sens Factor =-.176dB New file: Sens Factor =2.824dB at 0 and 90 degrees.
Frequency cal the same.

SubViking

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
RX-A3070
Front Speakers
Triangle Genese Ltd. Edition
Center Channel Speaker
Triangle Genese Voce
Surround Speakers
B&W M-1
Surround Back Speakers
B&W M-1
Front Height Speakers
B&W M-1
Subwoofers
B&W ASW750
Other Speakers or Equipment
Dali K14 Sub
Has anyone else checked for an updated calibration files from MiniDSP for thier UMIK-1. I found that my UMIK-1 had new calibration files and I loaded it in to REW. Now my UMIK-1 reads 5dBs lower than the last cal file. I am wondering if this is correct?

I have attached both calibration files for review.
Thanks for bringing this to attention.
I downloaded the cal files again today and the old one read "Sens Factor =-0.168dB" the new one "Sens Factor =2.832dB".
Luckily the curve has not changed, but the change solves a mystery about SPL readings not matching between the UMIK and another calibrated microphone.

Top Bottom