1. distortion vs amplitude
  2. 2 channels FFT: Left/Right
  3. generator calibration (Vrms, etc..)

Thanks,

Ugo

Oevad

Registered
Hello John

I mainly use the program for testing transformers, but also acoustics, so it's just perfect.

I have some Ideas for REW:
• Individual selection of the curve line thickness in the "ALL SPL" window (to see the reference signal more clearly)
• Select all function f.eks. convert all to DBFS or V in the legend and measurement panel.
• Smoothing all measurements at the same time.
• If you could tap down or up in the measurement panel, instead of manually choose measurements with the mouse.
• 386Khz or 352.8 on OSX, even it is unstable.
• A feature would be to add 2 red lines showing the upper and lower F3 points automatically.

Bugs:
• The measure inside the RTA vindow reflect det curve before the sound card calibration on my version OSX 5.20
• The colors of the trace lines don't change when asking for it in the preferences. Not even when reloading the program.
• Some of the colors are not very visible in the white view, maybe choose some from the darker colors as standard.

Thanks

John Mulcahy

REW Author
• Individual selection of the curve line thickness in the "ALL SPL" window (to see the reference signal more clearly)
To make a thicker trace create an average from the reference signal. Select only the trace you want to be the reference (right click in the legend area for a fast way to clear all selections) then press the Average the responses button and you will get an Average trace that by default uses a thicker trace.

• Select all function f.eks. convert all to DBFS or V in the legend and measurement panel.
I don't understand what you mean by that. The Y axis selection determines how the traces are drawn and labelled and the selection is remembered for the next startup. The axis selection box is shown when the mouse is within the graph.

• Smoothing all measurements at the same time.
Use the control in the All SPL graph

• If you could tap down or up in the measurement panel, instead of manually choose measurements with the mouse.
There are keyboard shortcuts to move between measurements, Alt + up arrow or down arrow, or Alt + 1..9 to select one of the first 9 measurements.

• 386Khz or 352.8 on OSX, even it is unstable.
It just doesn't work, sorry.

• A feature would be to add 2 red lines showing the upper and lower F3 points automatically.
That would only really be applicable for simple responses that have a flat response with an upper and lower roll-off, but you can do something similar with the Graph Metrics.

• The measure inside the RTA vindow reflect det curve before the sound card calibration on my version OSX 5.20
The soundcard cal is included when I use the RTA, can you be more specific about the circumstances? If you save the current RTA input as a measurement using the button above the graph the measurement info panel will show the calibration files that were being used.

• The colors of the trace lines don't change when asking for it in the preferences. Not even when reloading the program.
The Preferences define the colours to use when new measurements are made. To change the colour of an existing trace use the button on the measurement panel

• Some of the colors are not very visible in the white view, maybe choose some from the darker colors as standard.
Use the View preferences to change the colours used for new measurements to ones you prefer.

Top Bottom