New Release EQU only Creates 3 bands of equalization

martins5

With the prior release, my SPL response fed to EQU produced all 10 bands of equalization. With the new release, I can't get it to generate more than the bands. Is there a new setting that I've overlooked?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
You don't mention which releases you are referring to, but there haven't been any new settings affecting EQ filter generation in a long time. Probably easiest if you post an example measurement (i.e. the mdat file, saved after you generate the EQ filters) along with a screen shot of the settings you are using in the Filter Tasks pane.

martins5

You don't mention which releases you are referring to, but there haven't been any new settings affecting EQ filter generation in a long time. Probably easiest if you post an example measurement (i.e. the mdat file, saved after you generate the EQ filters) along with a screen shot of the settings you are using in the Filter Tasks pane.
REW version is 5.20.13

Here are my settings. I've also attached my .mdat file. Opening the EQU tab on the first chart shows I had the full range of equalization bands from my previous release. If I click on "Match Response to Target" I only get 3 equalization bands.

1681229701215.jpeg

Attachments

• Equalization Sample.mdat
    214.5 KB · Views: 1

John Mulcahy

REW Author
You have set the flatness target to 6 dB, which tells REW to stop trying to apply EQ if the response is within 6 dB of the target. If you set that to the usual 1 dB figure the behaviour should be as expected.

martins5

You have set the flatness target to 6 dB, which tells REW to stop trying to apply EQ if the response is within 6 dB of the target. If you set that to the usual 1 dB figure the behaviour should be as expected.
That did the trick. I suspected it was simply a setting I had messed up. Much appreciated!

Top Bottom