New calibration, SHOULD the Impulse Response in REW of all speakers be perfectly time aligned?

welldun

Good day all,
I'm running some auto calibration test to better integrate my system, (7.4.4). Before time aligning(phase aligning) the subs to the mains, I'm seeing that the calibration results when zoomed in, show a slight difference in Impulse response timing. these are all in very small range all less than a MS of difference, but I'm wondering if I should still tweak them to get them to overlap at zero (0)? I make small distance changes in my AVR settings to correct this, and the move on to using the TIME ALIGNMENT tool in REW to then phase align the SUB(s) with the MAINS at the crossover point.

I'v
e included a pic for reference.

jtalden

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Marantz AV7705 Pre/Pro
Main Amp
VTV 6 chnl NC252MP P-amp x 2
Additional Amp
Behringer DCX2496 x 2
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
OPPO BDP-103 Universal Player
Front Speakers
DIY SEAS H1456/H1212 Spkr x 5
Subwoofers
DIY JBL 2235H 15" SW x 2
Video Display Device
JVC DLA-X790R
Screen
Da-Lite Da-Snap 39105V - 92"
This timing is very good. There is no need for further fine tuning. A small mic position change will easily change the timing this much.

welldun

This timing is very good. There is no need for further fine tuning. A small mic position change will easily change the timing this much.
thanks for the feedback. :wave:
The lower part of the above chart go cut off. Those results are for the bed layer of speakers in my 7.4.4 set up. With the 4 subs corner loaded and pre-aligned using MSO, I just needed to add a bit more delay to the subs in the AVR via the distance setting. I added the distance after using the Alignment Tool in this pic. The original sub distance set by the AVR was close but needed another 2 1/2 feet, in order to better phase align the subs and mains at 100hz crossover.

Top Bottom