Registered
More  
Main Amp
old- technics with a bad hiss
DAC
the one built into my laptop
Front Wide Speakers
Bose 101 Music Monitor Outdoor
A friend and I are working on a project where we take a 19 year old GK bass combo amp (backline 110) that has a fried amp head, remove all the old stuff, and put a new amp in (and because new amps are smaller than the ones made before I was born) then fill the remaining space with 18650 batteries, making a pretty dope party speaker.

The only problem is that the speaker cab, while sounding good on bass, doesn't have a very good reponse curve. I've gone into REW and done sweeps and ran it through the things that generate EQ points to fix it, but I dont know how to make these into a physical circuit, I dont want to use digital EQ, I want a speaker that you turn on and it just works.

So I have the frequencies, gain, and Q values for all the EQ points that will flatten the curve, but I cant for the life of me find a resource that talks about designing a circuit for a fixed EQ curve. I already know the circuitry has to be active, and I assume that I'm going to split off the input to a bunch of bandpass filters, run them through op-amps, and put them back into the original signal, but I dont know how to do that without variable resistors and capacitors. I want to be all scientific about this and make sure all the theory checks out before ordering the PCB, but I cant find a resource that tells me the theory in a way I can understand. (I know the basics of circuit design, but not the super complicated stuff)

Can someone point me to a video, or a paper, or a guide that teaches me how to design the fixed EQ around my parameters? Do I need to worry about phase? (theres 4 bands of EQ in the bass range and 1 band of EQ in the treble range needed for flatter response)

Last edited:
Top Bottom