Mic calibration file embedded into measurements or not?

forumuser

I need to clarify whether mic calibration file is embedded into measurements as they are created. I use UMIK-1 USB mic with REW.

A typical use-case is when we transfer a measurement to another app (say, DRC Designer) I'm not sure whether I should use the measurement file as it is or apply mic calibration file in the other app as well (provided such an option exists).

John Mulcahy

REW Author
It is. If you export the measurement as text the export includes the cal files. Impulse response exports do not include cal files, they are only used when generating frequency responses.

forumuser

Ok, John thanks for the quick response.

BTW, I'm hopeful that one day REW will make into a full scale commercial app. What I mean is keep the existing REW as donation-ware as is but extend it to Freq + time domain correction filters, interactive target curves, more automation (i.e., multi-point measurement process), etc.

I donated a while ago for your excellent efforts but I would be happy to pay for a commercial version provided you don't ask for a second hand car price tag like others :)

Top Bottom