Measuring Sonarworks (SoundID)

AvK

Dear all,

I want to meausre what Sonarworks (SW) will do to my audio by comparing REW measurments with and without a SW speaker/room calibration profile.

I have a Behringer X32 digital mixer that serves as my soundcard (ASIO device). No problems with doing REW measurments.

However, when I select ASIO/X-USB ASIO Driver in REW preferences then it seems to complete bypass the "SoundID Reference Virtual Audio Device", which is the default audio playback device when SW is running (system wide).

If you play an audio file on my computer, then it does play through the SoundID audio device.

Thus, how to get SW back in the output audio chain?

This I need:
REW --> SW --> ASIO OUT

Instead of
REW --> ASIO OUT

Thanks,
Antoine

pklose

Unfortunately, the X32 does not have useful WDM drivers, so you cannot bake a a new ASIO driver with ASIO4All. I suggest to do it open loop. Create a measurement sweep in REW. Load that into your DAW. Playback in your DAW with Sonarworks in the playback path and record playback to antoher track. Careful, monitoring off! Export recording. Import Into REW as measurement sweep. In order to understand what REW is doing, you have make several measurements around your listening position (6-10 takes).

Top Bottom