Measurements missing from data set

Lament

Registered
Hi,

I spent about 3 hours yesterday making around 40 measurements of my speakers. I was very careful to save the data set every 5 measurements or so, and I saved everything before shutting down REW yesterday evening.
Just now I went to open the data set, and was shocked to see that it only contains 3 measurements! So much effort went into yesterdays measurements, making detailed descriptions and naming of every measurement, it would be terrible if everything is gone!
I sincerely hope someone can help with this, maybe the measurements can be found in a temp folder somewhere?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
REW's temp folder is cleared on a normal shutdown, it is just to provide a recovery from a crash. It is in the log files folder, on Windows that is usually C:\Users\<your username>\REW\temp. Presumably you were overwriting the same file each time you saved? The first entry in REW's recently used file list is the last one it wrote or loaded, in case you have mistakenly loaded a different file.

Lament

Registered
Thanks John, yes I did overwrite the same file when saving each time.
I should say that I spent several days working with this measurement set, adding new measurements and revising info/descriptions. What I don't understand, is why I get only the last 3 measurements made. What happened to all the others that were made and saved over several days? The way I understand your reply, they are lost... So much time spent making these :sad:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Difficult to know what could have happened to the file, but I'm happy to look at it if you send it to me. If it was damaged it should show an error message on opening though. If you were saving all the file should contain every measurement that was loaded in REW at the time of the save.

Lament

Registered
I appreciate your help John, I sent you the file on PM.

skid00

More  
Main Amp
2 x Adcom GFA 555
Front Speakers
Carver Amazing Platinum Mark IV
Search your *whole* PC for "*.mdat". I bet you saved it in several locations.

You would have had to physically delete some of the measurements (of the 40 in the .mdat). Didn't you see them disappearing from the left pane?

Lament

Registered
Hi skid00,

I have already done that, found nothing except the file in REW directory.
I'm puzzled by this, like I said everything seemed fine every time I saved and closed REW. Until today when almost all measurements were gone.I can assure you, I did not delete any of the measurements.

Top Bottom