Measurement - View As 1/1 Octave bars

CiXel

Registered
While I've used REW for fun purposes with my UMIK-1, in this instance, I'm having issues with some commercial fan noise so I thought it might come in handy. Before I go have a conversation, I would like to get my ducks in a row, but I have a a few questions I can't seem to figure out.

I essentially need to map SPL to Octaves.
In RTA mode this works great. I can set 'Use bars on RTA' and when coupled with a RTA 1/1 Octave mode this shows me exactly what I need to see: SPL per octave.
I can take a picture of the data but, as this is Real-time by definition, once I exit the program it's gone.

Clearly, the move then is to take a measurement so I can save the data. Once I have the spectrum, I cannot seems to figure out a way to show the data as a 1/1 Octave bar view. The closest I can get in SPL mode is 1/1 smoothing, but that's not really the same.
1) Is there some magic setting that would let me display my saved measurement as such?
I guess I'm looking for something like 'Use bars on spectrum'

2) in the RTA view, if I turn on the Distortion panel, it displays numbers against the bands which then correspond to the associated value.
Is there a way to do that, but for SPL?

3) Aesthetic question. Is there a way to make the RTA Bars Solid vs just a line

4) Am I out of my mind trying to use REW for this purpose and if so do you have a better software suggestion?

Top Bottom