Marantz Weird MIDI Mapping

mitchjrj

As this is where I first learned about configuring my Mac to accommodate the Marantz CINEMA 50 I’ll give the following a whirl…

Went to do some REW work and started with level check...only to have front left signal coming out of rear surround left. Before you ask, the cabling is fine, playback no issues anywhere else.

Confirming channel assignments in macOS Sonoma MIDI Settings showed something really weird. All left channels are routing to left rear surround. All right channels to right rear surround. Center is going to both rear surrounds. Only the actual rear surround and sub assignments are correct.

View attachment 3583981

View attachment 3583980

Even changing speaker configuration to 2 Channel Stereo has same result; the front left/right mains are mapped to rear left/right surrounds.

I have rebooted my Mac, I have force restarted my CINEMA 50, I have unplugged and re-plugged my HDMI cable. Same result. First time this has happened.

Thoughts?

EDIT: In retrospect, I think this is the first time I have connected my Mac to the CINEMA 50 since running a Dirac Live calibration a couple of weeks ago. Could Dirac have impacted the mapping?

Top Bottom