Manually setting delay

Robert Randolph

Registered
The loopback is not adjusting the delay time correctly for me. It reports no delay, however it is clearly approximately 8 samples off consistently on the scope.

This is a big deal for the measurements that I am doing. Is there a way to manually adjust the timing of the return signal relative to the test?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
No, but measurements can be manually shifted using the controls on the Impulse graph.
offset.png

Robert Randolph

Registered
This does not seem to fix issues with the other measurements though.

My measurement is showing a consistent group delay and phase rotation due to this, and it's problematic for publishing measurements.

Am I perhaps misunderstanding something somewhere?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The adjustment is individual for each measurement. If all have the same timing offset the adjustment will need to be applied to each. REW doesn't have a global timing adjustment to apply to new measurements, though it is on the todo list to consider.

Vladimir_1953

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
ROTEL RC-990
Main Amp
ROTEL RB-991
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
DENON DCD-2000AE, ROTEL RCD-991AE
Front Height Speakers
Dynaudio Crafft
Hi!
I had the same problem - a large distance from the test pulse to the measured one so the unfolded phase was not visible. I used the automatic mode - the button " Estimate IR Delay ". Time can be adjusted manually in the window " t = 0 offset (ms) "

fd3479fb53e9.jpg

77f5edf0ed26.jpg

7f22fba0dbb3.jpg

5da62cf63f84.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom