Magnum Dynalab Joins Bryston and Axiom Audio as a Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited Brand

full?d=1681234774.png

(April 11, 2022) Canadian audio manufacturer Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited (CALL) recently completed the purchase of another big name in Canada's audio sphere, Magnum Dynalab. Founded nearly forty years ago, Magnum Dynalab is best known for its FM tuner products. The company's first model, the FT 101, gave owners access to radio frequencies between 88-108 MHz in the FM band using analog tuning (something that had become a rarity in the early 1980s). It's since designed and manufactured a wide range of directional and omnidirectional FM antennas along with 15 different analog FM tuners, integrated amps and receivers, and internet radio products. The company's latest model range, the Dynamyte Series, carries an advanced HD Music Streaming component.

As of March 31, 2023, CALL completed the purchase of Magnum Dynalab, bringing the iconic brand under an umbrella that includes Bryston, Ltd. and Axiom Audio. According to CALL, all manufacturing, sales, and service for the Magnum Dynalab brand have been integrated into existing CALL operations in Dwight, Ontario, Canada. Magnum Dynalab staff will be onsite to assist with the transition.

“We are excited to add Magnum Dynalab’s legendary FM tuners and vacuum tube electronics to our product mix, all supported under one roof by our design, engineering, and manufacturing capabilities as well as our award-winning customer service,” explained CALL Founder and CEO Ian Colquhoun.

For full details about Magnum Dynalab's FM antennas and tuners, integrated amps and receivers, internet tuners and streamers, and the entire Dynamyte Series, click here.

Todd Anderson

Editor / Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
StormAudio ISP.24 MK2
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-5
Additional Amp
Emotiva XPA Gen3 2.8 multichannel amp
Other Amp
Denon X8500H
Computer Audio
AudioEngine A2+
DAC
THX ONYX
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Kaleidescape TERRA, OPPO UDP-203, Panasonic UB9000
Front Speakers
GoldenEar Technology Triton One.R
Center Channel Speaker
GoldenEar Technology SuperCenter Reference
Surround Speakers
SVS Ultra Surround
Surround Back Speakers
SVS Ultra Bookshelf
Front Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Front, Top Mid-Front)
Rear Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Middle, Top Rear)
Subwoofers
dual SVS SB16s + dual PSA XS30s
Other Speakers or Equipment
Behringer 1124p; Aura Bass Shaker Pros; SuperSub X
Video Display Device
JVC NX7
Screen
Seymour Screen Excellence, Enlightor NEO AT Screen
Streaming Equipment
iFi Audio Zen Blue
Streaming Subscriptions
Qobuz, TIDAL, Spotify, ROON
Other Equipment
LG Electronics 65-inch B6 OLED, Sony 65-inch X900F, ZeroSurge 8R15W x 2, ZeroSurge 2R15W x 2
I'm curious. Did you buy the tuner specifically for performance/sound quality purposes? Or did you need a tuner and just happen to pick up this particular brand?

austinblackboxspace

Supporter
Bright Side Crew
During that decade, Audio Systems here in Austin was my primary dealer, (Now Austin Home Systems). I did need a tuner and they recommended that brand at the time. I was also pondering Linn. I probably sold it on consignment in the early 2000s as I was just no longer doing radio at home. I still have the antenna hooked up to a Denon 8500HA, but never really use it.

Top Bottom