Mac OSX - No Discrete Sub Out?

readthis13

I'm trying to measure 2 subs with timing included in the measurements using Mac OSX, and there's no HDMI 4 option to pass sound just to the sub. As such, when I run the Signal Generator (Pink Tone, -12dB, 0-250hz), I get sound out of my front speakers in addition to the sub. This creates an issue as I can't isolate the subs. Am I missing something, or is there a workaround here to pass only to the sub? I'd turn off the amps to the fronts, but I need another speaker for timing.

Should I be running my fronts as well while testing, including them in the 80-250hz range? Alternatively, I suppose I could adjust the crossovers in the amp way up.

I've read the manuals, guides, Google, and I'm at a loss - I'm also really new to this all, so please excuse my ignorance. My apologies if this has been mentioned already (I'm sure it has). I simply couldn't seem to find it.

Ultrasonic

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
miniDSP 2x4 HD
Main Amp
Bel Canto Evo4 gen2
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
OPPO BDP-83
Front Speakers
Meadowlark Shearwater Hot Rod
Subwoofers
BK Monolith
Could you give some more information of your hardware and how things are connected up?

I achieve what you are after in my system via signal routing options in my miniDSP but what you could do will depend on your setup. From what you've said so far my guess is that it's impossible to achieve via REW itself but more info. is needed to be sure.

readthis13

Could you give some more information of your hardware and how things are connected up?

I achieve what you are after in my system via signal routing options in my miniDSP but what you could do will depend on your setup. From what you've said so far my guess is that it's impossible to achieve via REW itself but more info. is needed to be sure.

I'm hooking a MacBook Pro to a Lexicon MC-10 Pre via HDMI. The MC-10 hooks to a 3 channel amp for the fronts, and an 8 channel amp for the sides and atmos. I'm running 2 self powered subs as well.

Ultrasonic

Registered
More  
miniDSP 2x4 HD
Main Amp
Bel Canto Evo4 gen2
OPPO BDP-83
Front Speakers
Subwoofers
BK Monolith
I'm hooking a MacBook Pro to a Lexicon MC-10 Pre via HDMI. The MC-10 hooks to a 3 channel amp for the fronts, and an 8 channel amp for the sides and atmos. I'm running 2 self powered subs as well.

Where does the sub input signal come from?

readthis13

I had not seen this - so I hadn't seen this, but I suspect that this is the solution here. I'll give it a shot in a little bit and see if this solves my issue.

I appreciate your help here!!

Ultrasonic

Registered
More  
miniDSP 2x4 HD
Main Amp
Bel Canto Evo4 gen2
OPPO BDP-83
Front Speakers
Subwoofers
BK Monolith
Actually presumably from the pre, and I'm guessing that's a Lexicon MC-10. What you want should be totally possible as per John's post above. From your original post is sounded like you might have been using a stereo amp with no HDMI connection :).

readthis13

Actually presumably from the pre, and I'm guessing that's a Lexicon MC-10. What you want should be totally possible as per John's post above. From your original post is sounded like you might have been using a stereo amp with no HDMI connection :).
This is correct, as mentioned, I'm connecting from a MacBook Pro to a Lexicon MC-10 via HDMI. I hadn't seen (in the instructions I had reviewed) that I could separate out the channels. After looking, I finally came here for help. I think this is what I'm looking for and that it should work.

Top Bottom