Looking for a little help

charbug

I recently bought some Klipsch Jubilees, two way speaker, and a minidsp SHD to go active. I had no idea how much I would have to learn using REW, understanding PEQs, crossovers, room absorption, and so much more. I also work rotating 12 hour shifts, have a farm, and no free time to study up. I'm to the point I just want to enjoy music.. I need an expert on all of this to help me. Does anyone know someone good I could pay to help? I live near Knoxville, TN, but someone good could probably talk me through the process.

jtalden

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Marantz AV7705 Pre/Pro
Main Amp
VTV 6 chnl NC252MP P-amp x 2
Additional Amp
Behringer DCX2496 x 2
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
OPPO BDP-103 Universal Player
Front Speakers
DIY SEAS H1456/H1212 Spkr x 5
Subwoofers
DIY JBL 2235H 15" SW x 2
Video Display Device
JVC DLA-X790R
Screen
Da-Lite Da-Snap 39105V - 92"
It is relatively easy to setup the XO portion of the effort if that is the hurtle for you. I can help with that part of the process using REW for a few relatively REW measurements and for the analysis.

I am not familiar with the SHD software interface so I am limited help with actually how to enter the needed settings into the unit, but would think that portion is easy to do.

Once the XO is setup correctly then the EQ portion of the setup could be handled by Dirac. If you instead intend to DIY manual EQ I may be able to help with general advice/suggestions, but doubt that the outcome will be any better than just using the Dirac approach.

Top Bottom