Other Speakers or Equipment
Apple TV 4K
Video Display Device
LG OLED65C7P
Remote Control
Logitech Harmony 650
Streaming Subscriptions
HBO Max, YouTubeTV, Hulu, Netflix, Disney+
I’ve owned my Kamado Joe for about a year now and one of the things that’s always been an issue for me is controlling the temp. I’ve tried all the suggestions but I can never seem to keep the temp down at 225 degrees or so. So after seeing Todd’s new toy I decided to finally drop the hammer on a controller for my Kamado Joe.

Enter the Flame Boss 500! As you can it consists of a controller unit with grill and meat probes, and it also has a fan which operates to control the smoker temps. I’ll report back here and let you know how it works out today. The first cook with it is something that is difficult to screw up - ribs. If it works out great I’ll be doing a pork butt tomorrow.

mechman

Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Pioneer VSX-832
Front Speakers
Definitive Technology Studio Monitor 55s
Center Channel Speaker
Definitive Technology CS8040
Surround Back Speakers
Definitive Technology DI6.5R
Other Speakers or Equipment
Apple TV 4K
Video Display Device
LG OLED65C7P
Remote Control
Logitech Harmony 650
Streaming Subscriptions
HBO Max, YouTubeTV, Hulu, Netflix, Disney+
Yesterday it seemed like the pit probe was about 10-15 degrees off so when I went out this morning to set it up I programmed the controller to keep the temp 15 degrees higher to compensate. It seems that today though the probe is registering correctly so it must have been some sort of placement issue yesterday. I did have a hiccup this morning getting everything connected so that I can remote monitor things. But I got that sorted out quickly and everything is going smooth right now.

Here's how it's doing:

Top Bottom