June 2023 Umik-1 not showing up in REW Windows 10

xssory

Registered
Hey all,

I've searched as much as I can to find an answer for this - about a year ago my umik 1was working fine, it's visible in Windows sound settings, microphone privacy settings look correct, I'm not sure what else to try. I can't seem to be able to find the umik in REW at all

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Ryan

JStewart

Senior AV Addict
Supporter
Hey all,

I've searched as much as I can to find an answer for this - about a year ago my umik 1was working fine, it's visible in Windows sound settings, microphone privacy settings look correct, I'm not sure what else to try. I can't seem to be able to find the umik in REW at all

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Ryan
Can you find it in windows when it’s plugged in?
A good many have had problems because the connector in the mic end isn’t fully inserted.

xssory

Registered
Can you find it in windows when it’s plugged in?
A good many have had problems because the connector in the mic end isn’t fully inserted.
yes it is visible as a sound device in windows and shows some signal when I clap in front of it

JStewart

Senior AV Addict
Supporter
I realize this suggestion may appear a waste of time, but if you have a different cable available try it. If nothing else it will rule it out.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
If it is visible as an audio device it will be visible in the input devices list with the Java drivers. If you are using ASIO (e.g. ASIO4All) you would need to select it in the ASIO driver control panel to make it available.

Top Bottom