Jays Audio CDT2 Mk3 CD Transport

NBPK402

Staff member
VIP Supporter
I just ordered a used Jays CDT2 MK3 transport for my 2 channel setup...this will be for my CDs and the Lumin U1 Mini (until I find something I like better) will be for my streaming. Features that I like:
1: Multi voltage model that just needs to be opened and a few wires relocated to different terminals.
2: I2s USB HDMI hookup for my Pontus ii
3: User changeable Laser...very easy since it is a top load.
4: Nice thick aluminum well designed case.
5: Easily upgradeable (only 2 power supply filters and circuit board, 1 main board and the transport...all easily accessed.
6: Not too expensive
7: Excellent reviews
8: Nice thick aluminum remote.
9: Built with very nice parts.

review

specs

I will post pics when I go to install it in my rack.

NBPK402

Staff member
VIP Supporter
I just unpacked and installed the Transport, hooked up the i2s connection to the transport and plugged it into the Pontus ii. It is a solid beast! First impression...WOW!!!!!!! I never would have believed that a CD Transport would/could make as big of a difference as it does in my setup. Clarity is better without the slightest bit of harshness, and the bass is warmer and still tight. Soundstage is nice...wide with easily defined excellent placement of instrument. Zero listening fatigue too!

Current CD playing is Ray Lynch "Nothing Above My Shoulders but the Evening".

Sweet Dreams are made of this combo! I am going to be reviewing a lot of CDs with this combo! I am noticing that I am listening to whole albums again...just like I do with Roon and Tidal.
Jays Audio unpacked.jpg
Jays in rack temporarily.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom