Issue with subwoofer sweeps

KidHorn

Registered
I just got a minidsp 2x4HD, umik and rew. When I run sweeps from 10-180, I get nothing from my 4 subs until about 60Hz. Then it jumps up like a big hill. I get the same thing from all 4 of my subs individually and in groups. For the first couple of seconds the minidsp shows no input and then the bar shoots up. It seems like the signal is being cut at the lower frequencies. Maybe a high pass filter. Everything in the minidsp is set to bypass. I'm using a yamaha 3050 receiver and the same thing happens with ypao on and off. I've tried moving the crossover up to 200 for all speakers and all are small. All 4 of my subs should go down below 20. For example I get the result from a hsu vtf-15h mk2. I've tried moving the umik around.

I have to wonder if the receiver is filtering out everything below a certain frequency except for LFE signals and rew is sending analog instead of LFE. Just a thought.

Any help is appreciated.

kabin

Registered
I'm just starting off myself and can relate. Debugging gets to be a can of worms. I assume you gain matched all amps and initially setup SPLs at good outputs (~75db). You might want to see if you are running bass management on internal or external. For me it's usually an AVR setup option that screws things up.

KidHorn

Registered
Sounds like you have an audyssey receiver. YPAO is a little different, No 75 db requirement for subs. I've looked through the setup and the only options for the sub are on/off type settings.

KidHorn

Registered
from 10- 40Hz, i'm seeing -20db because nothing is playing. Starting at about 40Hz is goes up to about 70db and is fairly flat +/-10db up to 180Hz.

KidHorn

Registered
I was using Java and switch to asio and switching to asio using the lfe output fixed the problem. I guess I have to use lfe on my receiver.

Top Bottom