Motu Ultralite Mk5
Front Speakers
NHT C3
Subwoofers
2x 12" DIY Scan Speak acoustic suspension
Streaming Subscriptions
Amazon Music Unlimited
Hi everyone,
I recently switched to Mac and today I installed REW to do some measurements.
However, I am unable to do them due to the following problem.
When I start the sweep measurement, the signal takes a long time to be emitted from the speakers, and before it finishes the software has already finished the acquisition, effectively making the measurement incomplete of the higher part of the frequency.
I don't understand what causes the problem. I kept almost all the default settings, as I did with Windows.
Could anyone help me?

sam_adams

When I start the sweep measurement, the signal takes a long time to be emitted from the speakers,

First off, what Mac model and OS version are you running? What audio interface are you using? This will help others who are looking for assistance if they have the same issue.

When doing a sweep measurement, or a series of sweeps, set the measurement dialog to output dither before the sweep and between sweeps, as below.
macdith.png

Many versions previous to the latest release of macOS, the sound output was silenced by the OS for some strange reason. This caused pops in playback when the sound hardware 'woke up'. One would hope that 'issue' would have been removed or fixed in the latest releases.

Last edited:
Top Bottom