Is there a sine *magnitude* sweep transfer function measurement in REW?

crampon

Registered
Hi all, I've looked through the documentation but don't see any mention of.a magnitude transfer function measurement, only frequency-based. Am I overlooking it? If there is none, does anyone know software that may do that?

Cheers!

crampon

Registered
Yes, but isn't the "x" axis for those plots frequency and not input signal level? I'm looking for an input/output plot of signal level in vs. signal level out, sorry if that wasn't clear.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The plot is signal level out vs signal level in for signals at any frequency within the measurement span. The relationship won't change unless the input signal is low enough to be below the noise floor or high enough to push the device into a non-linear region. If you are looking for stepped level measurements of distortion at a single frequency the stepped sine feature provides that.

crampon

Registered
Thanks,
Linearity is exactly what I'm trying to look at, Vin vs Vout, at an arbitrary and fixed frequency. Maybe the stepped sine feature does that, if it can output a curve that isn't % distortion, but Vin vs Vout.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The stepped level THD test result includes a linearity plot showing the deviation from linearity across the level span of the test.

Top Bottom