Installer/uninstaller issue on M1 MacBook running Ventura 13.1 [solved]

some exp(-ipi)

Registered
More  
DAC
SSL2+
Front Speakers
Focal Solo6 Be
I had a weird issue where I could not run the V5.20.14 installer (nor the uninstaller for my much older version of REW) on my M1 MacBook Pro running Ventura 13.1.

Double-clicking the installer (or uninstaller) icon launched the prompt indicating that install4j would run, but then it would just hang indefinitely.

The solution was to navigate (in the case of the uninstaller) to /Applications/REW/REW Uninstaller.app/Contents/MacOS on the command line and run

sudo ./JavaApplicationStub

After typing in the password, the installer launched and ran without any issues.

It seems that under the newer OS version, this is not being allowed to run from the finder even though I was logged in as an Administrator user.

Don't know if this has been described elsewhere, but might help someone else facing mysterious hangs when they try and update or uninstall the software.

Attachments

• Image 2022-12-07 at 11.02 AM.jpeg
    Image 2022-12-07 at 11.02 AM.jpeg
    52.9 KB · Views: 22

some exp(-ipi)

Registered
More  
DAC
SSL2+
Front Speakers
Focal Solo6 Be
Ok cool thanks - sorry I missed that thread in my hasty search.

I didn't see the "sudo" workaround mentioned, so perhaps this can be helpful to someone.

sixsixty

Thanks for this. First time user here. I was having the same issue getting the freshly downloaded installer to run. Found this post and ran it as such ...

sudo /Volumes/REW/REW\ Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub ; exit;

livnluv

Thanks for this. First time user here. I was having the same issue getting the freshly downloaded installer to run. Found this post and ran it as such ...

WOW thanks! Opened my terminal and ran your suggested command and et voila! Installed.

some exp(-ipi)

Registered
More  
DAC
SSL2+
Front Speakers
Focal Solo6 Be
Oh great! I'm glad this helped a couple of people. Given that this seemed to be a permissions thing, sudo seemed more like a direct solution than changing the display profile settings.

stjernholm

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Lyngdorf MP-60
Main Amp
Lyngdorf SDA-2400 x 3
Additional Amp
NAD M27
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
OPPO UHD 205
Front Speakers
M&K S-300
Center Channel Speaker
M&K S-300
Surround Speakers
M&K S-300T
Surround Back Speakers
M&K S-300 on wall
Front Height Speakers
M&K IW-150
Rear Height Speakers
M&K IW-150
Video Display Device
LG OLED
Screen
Projecta ll
Remote Control
RTI

You just saved another guy here!! Best solution ever posted! Now REW just need to apply it to the installer :-)

stjernholm

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Lyngdorf MP-60
Main Amp
Lyngdorf SDA-2400 x 3
Additional Amp
NAD M27
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
OPPO UHD 205
Front Speakers
M&K S-300
Center Channel Speaker
M&K S-300
Surround Speakers
M&K S-300T
Surround Back Speakers
M&K S-300 on wall
Front Height Speakers
M&K IW-150
Rear Height Speakers
M&K IW-150
Video Display Device
LG OLED
Screen
Projecta ll
Remote Control
RTI
Oh great! I'm glad this helped a couple of people. Given that this seemed to be a permissions thing, sudo seemed more like a direct solution than changing the display profile settings.
THANKS MAN!! It was not a problem on my machine with the previous installer. It got introduced with the latest one!

Top Bottom