Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Focusrite 8PreX
Main Amp
Focusrite 8PreX
Additional Amp
Allen Heath QU-16
Front Speakers
Yamaha HS8
Trying to setup REW on my Mac. I'm using external input and output via USB. Input device is Focusrite Clarett 8preX with RTA mic attached to it. Output is a monitor controller (Dangerous Source). Need to measure my home studio mixing room. When I select my devices as Input and Output in REW Preferences, I get error: Focusrite Thunderbolt does not have any lines supporting PCM_SIGNED 48000.0 Hz, 24 bit, 28 channels, 84 bytes/frame, little-endian

PLEASE HELP

tjayallen

Registered
More  
Focusrite 8PreX
Main Amp
Focusrite 8PreX
Additional Amp
Allen Heath QU-16
Front Speakers
Yamaha HS8
Restarted REW 3rd time, now it works.

donalddemon

Registered
I'm having a similar problem with my Mac and Clarett 8pre where it won't pick up proper level from the input source. What are you setting preferences at to make it work? I'm trying to calibrate the soundcard using ECM8000 mics but having no luck, any help is appreciated.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The Clarett won't need cal, but it is a useful check that there is no monitoring active. Which REW version are you using? Need a V5.20 build for 10,14 or later to ensure the mic access prompt is waited for when first trying to access an audio input, if you are on 10.14+ and not seeing that prompt make sure REW isn't prevented from accessing the "microphone" (= any audio input) in the Privacy settings.

Soundcard cal uses a patch cable from output back to input, is that what you have connected?

tjayallen

Registered
More  
Focusrite 8PreX
Main Amp
Focusrite 8PreX
Additional Amp
Allen Heath QU-16
Front Speakers
Yamaha HS8
I’m using the very latest version. I hadnt used REW in about a year, but installed some new monitors and subs in my mixing room and wanted to check/set frequency balance. So I updated REW 1st. Never had problem with older version. I was just doing a quick check (ha, ended up being about 4 hrs), so I didnt bother with sound card calibration. I’ll have to figure that out later since I’m using the interface for mic input, but a monitor controller for speaker output, I’ll need to study up on how to do it. My room is very small, and even with good physical treatment is impossible to get total flat response.

Top Bottom