REW Beta Release in RC9 too. export imnpulse response as wav do not work correct.

user44455555

Registered
attach are screenshots. I wish use the impulse response in convolution reverb. i test 32 bit float and 24 bit pcm both do not work correct. in impulse display, the impulse is set to 0 good.
export impulse rew.jpg

Attachments

• mconvolutionr.jpg
    mconvolutionr.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 21

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Sorry, I don't understand what it is that you believe is not correct? There is an explanation of expected behaviour in the help.

user44455555

Registered
I do not understand the manual good, because my english or google translate is not good. but the thing i wish to do is to use the impulse response of REW to simulate my speakers on headphone.

so how should i export the impulse that iit start on the ref marker i set ?. or does this text mean
The peak of the exported response occurs 1 second after the start unless the IR window has been applied, in which case the export starts at the first windowed sample and the peak location depends on the IR window settings.
when no ir windows is create the impulse export start exact 1 sec before the ref marker that is automatic set on record ?.

Edit: The mconvolution can not shift the start of the impulse i notice

Last edited:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The export starts 1 second before the peak if windows are not applied. If windows are applied (selecting that option in the export dialog) the export starts at the beginning of the left window.

user44455555

Registered
ok, thanks when i enable in export the apply IR window then it use position as set in REF. but it have still very few bass. I need test more, wy this happen. or did i understand wrong ?. when i have 1 second before impulse, should only bring a latency of 1 sec but bass and frequency should correct ?. when i set REF should i set it on peak of impulse or at beginning ?. I set it at beginning

user44455555

Registered
Or is it possible that the microphone correction is not apply on impulse export ?, I use the ARC mems microphone. this have very few bass

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The impulse peak is usually a god choice for the window reference. IR exports do not include the effects of cal files, cal files are only applied when generating frequency response data.

user44455555

Registered
And how can export the IR with the CAL file correction ?. I think there need always CAL correction. In the past i have send IR impulses from me in REW to a arta user. this was then too not correct

John Mulcahy

REW Author
REW IR exports cannot include cal files currently, though it is one of the many items on the todo list.

Top Bottom