"Importing" measurements from Sonarworks Reference 4

Joachim Herbert

Registered
Hi,

I use REW to measure and correct the response of my liviing room setup, consisting of a pair of Adam S3V monitors feed by roon via a raspberry pi/allo digione. The results are ok, given that I used averaging of RTA measurements and concentrated on the main room modes.

I would like to improve on these measurements by using Sonarworks Reference 4, which implements a very clever guided procedure for measurements. Sonarworks assists in going through about 50 discrete microphone positions throughout the listening area, locating every single position, helping to place the microphone there and taking a measurement at that very position. This produces excellent results on my desktop system (Neumann KH120/KH750, which dont need much correction anyway).

Problem is, that I cannot use Sonarworks with roon, as this would require running a vst plugin which is not supported with roon.

I am now considering the following:
  • Take measurement with reference 4
  • Apply result to playback chain via reference 4
  • record test signal via virtual audio cable to REW
  • Generate filter with
  • Export impulse response files in REW
  • Import impulse response files to roon
  • enjoy
Do you think this might work?

Any input is really appreciated.

Last edited:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Is the aim to capture the impulse response of the Sonarworks corrections and apply those responses in Roon? Assuming you can measure a loopback through the Reference 4 corrections sounds like it should work.

Joachim Herbert

Registered
Nor teally. I was not able to take mesurements with sonarworks in my living room. I could not match the required microphone positions and gave up after several tries. I will contact sonarworks to resolve that issue an let you know if I succeeded.

Aldoszx

Registered
Thanks for answer !
I have succeed to measure, but now I need to find a way to create convolution filters from the measurements.

Top Bottom