Impedance waterfall?

TNT

Hi!

Impedance is a very nice way to identify resonances. In some sense it is a frequency sweep but instead of SPL, ohm is measured. In case of SPL, waterfall presentation is a nice way of observing how SPL changes with time.

Should this not also apply to impedance? I suppose it would not be that hard to support WF also in Impedance mode. This could reveal stored energy / resonances coming later in time...? Taking away the mic + etc problems with acoustic measurements...

At 2,5 kHz, is the impedance still 3,32 ohms, 2,5 ms later?

Or is this a bad idea :)

BR //

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Impedance measurements do not have an impulse response, so waterfalls or other IR-derived responses are not available.

TNT

OK!

Thinking out pf the box (to far probably), couldn't one actually transform that sweep result to a impulse?

This would make it possible to do driver "FR" without mic? (the "reverse" mic effect/problem is still there...)

Would it be hard to just reuse the whole "fr/impulse/processing/display" structure but on the result from the impedance sweep?

What would we see?

Distorsion = current distorsion = magnet system hysteresis?

etc...?

Please excuse my very possible ignorance.

//

PS. I suppose I could try by making REW do an ordinary FR sweep with the impedance jig hookup... :)

Top Bottom