Impedance measurement feature request - increase in calculated/displayed value resolution by 1 digit

trobbins

VIP Supporter
Hi John, if practical I'd appreciate if the calculated/displayed value (in lower left corner of plot) of impedance model parameters could be increased by 1 digit in resolution. Eg. a 22nF poly cap happily shows a value of 22.0nF resolution over a wide frequency range from 400Hz to 30kHz, and only deviating by 0.1nF outside that range, indicating quite a wide range of stable value measurement for this type of part which has its first resonance at a relatively high frequency and hence only minor phase shift. I am hoping to make some comparison capacitance measurements of capacitor parts using a separate measurement technique that has circa 0.1% accuracy capability. The capacitor parts are in a four decade capacitor box so I am quite interested in seeing if REW can display results with another digit of resolution as that would then allow easy comparison down to a nominal 0.1% tolerance and within what frequency range.

The same situation can arise with resistance measurements. I use a 10 ohm 0.05% reference resistor, and a measurement of that resistor for verification purposes shows a 10.0 ohm displayed resolution, although the cursor can be sort of placed on the plot line and a Y axis value shows up as 10.006 for example (although that is only useful for pure resistance measurements).

The reference air-cored inductors I have are lowish value of 100uH and below so only become effectively inductive above quite a high frequency and hence show a subtle but presently discernible variation in displayed inductance over most of the nominal frequency range of a soundcard.

Ciao, Tim

Top Bottom