Front Speakers
Canton RCL
Center Channel Speaker
2x Canton RCL
Surround Speakers
Canton RCL
Video Display Device
BenQ Beamer
Testing with Rew showed that my (30year old) amplifier has a dent at 8khz on the right channel. I use that amplifier only with a Raspi4 and Volumio and Roon. I want to add an Amp2 board to my Raspi4 so I have the amplifier integrated. But then I can not use REW easily as I a missing a simple input. I tried using Volumio‘s Bluetooth input together with my laptops Bluetooth interface, but that looked very bad, Bluetooth compression and REW sweeps look not good. Or is there a method to get this right?
Is there another way connecting a Raspi with REW?
Alternativly I saved REW sweeps to file and play them through Roon (or Volumio directly). That works. But, excuse me for the stupid question, what lightweight Windows software would I need to record the sweeps with my Umik1? And how would I apply the microphone’s calibration file?

JoachimStrobel

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Parasound PSP 1500, NanoAvr HDA
Main Amp
Parasound HCA 1200
Additional Amp
2x Parasound HCA 1000
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Oppo 103D, Parasound CDP1000 & DAC2000
Front Speakers
Canton RCL
Center Channel Speaker
2x Canton RCL
Surround Speakers
Canton RCL
Video Display Device
BenQ Beamer
Thanks. That is the best solution. But I am lazy, I just want to play recorded sweeps on the Raspi and then analyse them in REW on Windows. I am sure there are hundreds of Windows software packages that record from a USB microphone - I there one that can be recommended?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Audacity. Or for capturing and analysing sweeps, REW. I don't understand why you need another application to capture the sweep, must be something about your intended setup I don't get.

JoachimStrobel

More  
Main Amp
Parasound HCA 1200
Additional Amp
2x Parasound HCA 1000
Front Speakers
Canton RCL
Center Channel Speaker
2x Canton RCL
Surround Speakers
Canton RCL
Video Display Device
BenQ Beamer
Audacity. Or for capturing and analysing sweeps, REW. I don't understand why you need another application to capture the sweep, must be something about your intended setup I don't get.
John,
may be I think wrongly. I can not feed audio into my Raspi with Volumio. I could add an Hifiberry ADC Hat (which I actually own for my phono setup), but otherwise I do not achieve any audio input.
So I want to play a recorded sweep with Volumio or via the Roon bridge (which would have the added benefit of checking the full audiopath.
But then I need to record that sweep. That is all. Or is there a way to have REW sitting idle until the reference signal of a recorded sweep comes along and REW starts doing its thing?

JoachimStrobel

More  
Main Amp
Parasound HCA 1200
Additional Amp
2x Parasound HCA 1000
Front Speakers
Canton RCL