How to reset REW completely? ASIO Control Panel blocked

fredphoesh

Registered
Hi,
As you see from this video, I cannot access the ASIO Control Panel because I had tried a setting yesterday, I think using the Behringer device as a midi out, I am not sure, but now I cannot go back in there.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled both REW and flexASIO 1.7, and cannot get past the error message.
If I could completely reset REW it should be back to normal, or maybe there is some flexASIO setting on Windows which has to be altered first?

Apparently I cannot post a link to the video I made, and won't let me post a still either, so the error says
unable to load the driver for flexasio due to:
portaudio device "speakers (3-behringer usb wdm audio 2.840) not found within specified backend (minimum channel count)

I have zero idea what that means, but know it is caused by trying to find less laggy settings in the ASIO Control Panel.
Help most welcome.
Thanks,
Mark.

Attachments

• REWcrash.png
    REWcrash.png
    25.8 KB · Views: 47

fredphoesh

Registered
You can delete the FlexASIO config file, it is at C:\Users\<Your username>\FlexASIO.toml.
HAH, thanks that works!
Are there any help files on recommended settings for reducing lag? I have one external USB interface for incoming audio (mic) and my outgoing is another USB mixing desk device.
There's a substantial lag between what I sing (into one device) and what I hear (out the other)
Thanks again!
Mark

John Mulcahy

REW Author
As far as measurement goes, latency shouldn't be a problem. However, anything on the input getting routed to the output definitely is a problem, monitoring must be completely off to make measurements. The FlexASIO site provides some info on entries you can make in the .toml file to control latency.

Top Bottom