How to optimize the system in this room?

Tore

Registered
Hi all

I'm moving to a house and I made the following plan for the cinema room:

corner-jpg.jpg

top-jpg.jpg

I bought Denon AVR-X3800H receiver and two Ultimax 18" woofers to build two Marty subs and I already have Behringer NU6000DSP to drive them. I would appreciate suggestions on the following topics:

1. I also have a Klipsch SPL-150 subwoofer. Do you think it's still worth/beneficial trying to integrate this subwoofer when I have two Marty subs in the room?

2. There are multiple room calibration and subs+mains integration/alignment solutions out there. I don't mind investing extra time and money in order to optimize the system as much as possible. X3800H supports Audyssey, Dirac Live and DLBC support is planned for 2024. I see a lot of people suggest MSO + miniDSP 2x4 HD for managing subwoofers. Can/should DLBC and MSO be used together? And is it advisable to use Behringer NU6000DSP for MSO instead of miniDSP 2x4 HD?

3. As you can guess, I'm not well informed about how these different systems can be used together and how much of their functionality overlaps. Could you provide some guidance on which ones to utilize and in which way? I've already purchased Umik-1 and learning how to use REW. So I'm willing to learn and try more complicated methods.

Thanks!

JStewart

Senior AV Addict
Supporter
I see a lot of people suggest MSO + miniDSP 2x4 HD for managing subwoofers. Can/should DLBC and MSO be used together?
You must use a solution such as MSO + miniDSP with regular Dirac.
MSO + MiniDSP works with DLBC. You must use it with DLBC if the number of subs used is greater than sub outputs available. You may need to use it if you are using different subs with very different capabilities.
If your setup fits within the current DLBC and hardware capabilities then for simplicity with no loss of sound quality, that’s the way to go.

And is it advisable to use Behringer NU6000DSP for MSO instead of miniDSP 2x4 HD?
This is the droid you are looking for:

Welcome to the forum! Have fun with your new house and cinema room. :)

Top Bottom