How to Interpret various graphs (find problem areas) and make changes to reach targeted perfection

Dean from MPLS MN

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Anthem AVM 60
Main Amp
MC 302
Additional Amp
ADCOM GFA 7500 Crown XLS 1500
Other Amp
MC 50 Pre Amp
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
OPPO BDP-95
Front Speakers
Klipschorns
Center Channel Speaker
Klipsch La Scala II
Surround Speakers
Klipsch Heresy x 2
Surround Back Speakers
Tannoy Arden x 2
Subwoofers
Klipsch SW 115 x 2
Other Speakers or Equipment
Apple TV 4, Panamax Power Control Center
Screen
Sony Bravia XBR-65X950H
Remote Control
Logitech Harmony
I have taken several measurements. I would like to know what the typical graphs or charts should be used to "fix" problems. Is there a list of what to address 1st, 2nd etc. Are there examples of what a perfect graph/chart would look like after corrections are made. I have no background in acoustics but can follow directions and eventually develop an understanding of what needs to be done. I need direction in how to proceed effectively. I have played around some and feel like I am just throwing darts at a dart board. Are sources available that I could use like videos or articles to read? I would appreciate any suggestions.

badbunny

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Denon AVR-X4000
Front Speakers
Kef T301
Center Channel Speaker
Kef T301c
Surround Speakers
Kef T101
Subwoofers
SVS PC13-Ultra (currently dead) / Kef T2
Hi Dean, I'm in the same boat as you here having just done my first REW tests at the weekend and trying to understand what they mean and what to do next. I came across a large guide over at AVS Forum called 'Guide to Subwoofer Calibration and Bass Preferences' if you google that. It's biased towards audyssey which my Denon and I think your Marantz has, so thats good. I'm slowly reading through it and hoping that it might help me understand what I should be doing ! Will keep an eye on your thread too to see how you get on. Cheers, Pete.

Top Bottom