How to compare impulse response of any two speakers

Chuck Gerlach

In OmniMic, I am able to send a test signal simultaneously to any two speakers (typically L & R or L & C or L & SL, etc) and then look at their impulse response to determine how accurately the processor was able to time align the speakers. It is a great tool to adjust the delay setting of a specific speaker if necessary.

How do I do that in REW given I can't play any two speakers simultaneously except left and right? If I do a regular REW measurement of, for example, the left speaker and then the left surround speaker and look at their respective impulse responses on the same graph, is that giving me the same information??

JStewart

Senior AV Addict
Supporter
In OmniMic, I am able to send a test signal simultaneously to any two speakers (typically L & R or L & C or L & SL, etc) and then look at their impulse response to determine how accurately the processor was able to time align the speakers. It is a great tool to adjust the delay setting of a specific speaker if necessary.

How do I do that in REW given I can't play any two speakers simultaneously except left and right? If I do a regular REW measurement of, for example, the left speaker and then the left surround speaker and look at their respective impulse responses on the same graph, is that giving me the same information??

You need to use a timing reference in REW so the relative timing of the impulse responses will be accurate.

Select timing reference options on the measurement dialog.

Top Bottom