How to change log file's location?

buttie

Registered
Hello,

I want to change REW's log file's location. On Linux versions, log files are stored in REW just under the home directory. I want to change it to some other location.

Although I tried moving REW to other loc., setting environment variable $HOME before starting REW, looked into the preferences, and tried latest beta version, nothing succeeded. So, I made a script to start REW, which makes a sym-link to the real REW dir. under home dir., then starts REW, removes the sym-link after REW finished.

So, please tell me how to change log file's location (if it is possible).

Thanks in advance.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The log file location is based on the Java system property "user.home". You should be able to change it for REW by editing the roomeqwizard.vmoptions file to add the line

-Duser.home=your preferred path

buttie

Registered
Thanks for the reply.

Somehow, setting "user.home" to absolute path causes unexpected result. For example, when REW is under "/home/dir/REW/", specifying "-Duser.home=/home/dir/REW", logs are created under "/home/dir/REW/home/dir/REW". But, specifying "-Duser.home=..", logs will be created under "/home/dir/REW" (in this case, ".java" must be under "/home/dir").

Although a little bit odd spec., but it is useful.

Thanks.

Top Bottom