How does the 3rd sub time align and PEQ look?

Usher99

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Anthem 1140
Additional Amp
NAD 3140
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Oppo 103
Front Speakers
DQ10
Center Channel Speaker
Paradigm
Subwoofers
Paradigm UC 10, passive sub, Kef kc62
The CAO (chief aesthetics officer) OK'd a 3rd sub (KEF kc 62) which was placed near a 3rd corner along with a passive sub (sub 2) and my Paradigm UC 10 (sub 1).
In a bonehead move somehow lost my data (older file was open and no room for the new) by accidental deletion. Perhaps there is a way to recover a temp file?
I had gain matched the subs.
Anyway, I do have a final screen shot and the delays and PEQ are fine in the minidsp. I used the time align feature of REW rather than brute force experiment as before with two subs.
Ended up inverting the 3rd sub (KEF) with a 5msec delay. Not sure the augmentation was that good. I also changed the MLP. Perhaps I should input a shelf filter to boost the output?

I still have to run ARC on my newish AVR (Anthem 1140) and then somehow not lose my house curve.

Thanks for looking.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
There is "Restore last removed" in the File menu to restore the last individual measurement deleted. You could use the option to remove measurements loaded from a particular file first to make space. You can increase the number of measurements that can be loaded in the View preferences but the change is only applied after a restart.

Usher99

More  
Anthem 1140
Additional Amp
NAD 3140
Oppo 103
Front Speakers
DQ10
Center Channel Speaker
Paradigm
Subwoofers
Tx, I changed the preferences but somehow was fussing too much in REW for restore to work.

Usher99

More  
Anthem 1140
Additional Amp
NAD 3140
Oppo 103
Front Speakers
DQ10
Center Channel Speaker
Paradigm
Subwoofers
I don't have much experience with this. If the final result looks like there is a problem, I can redo in a week or two and this time not lose my data. REW has been great and the alignment tool is much faster than multiple sweeps. The long tail on the KEF (sub 3) looks weird. It is supposed to have some output down to 11 HZ despite its size but the sweep does look suspect.

Usher99

More  
Anthem 1140
Additional Amp
NAD 3140
Oppo 103
Front Speakers
DQ10
Center Channel Speaker
Paradigm
Subwoofers
Occurred to me I should have likely also posted in subwoofer section. I will do so. Perhaps I need to redo this so have the primary data. Next task is MSO, if I can handle it with Java drivers. Thanks for looking.

FargateOne

More  
Rotel RSX-1562
Additional Amp
Bryston 3B3 for fronts mains
Cambridge CXU
Front Speakers
B&W 804 D2
Center Channel Speaker
B&W HTM4D2
Surround Speakers
B&W 705
Subwoofers
SVS PC-2000 and SVS PC-2000 Pro
Other Speakers or Equipment
10 PEQ filters/channel in receiver with REW
Video Display Device
Samsung UN55ES8000
Other Equipment
miniDSP 2x4 HD
CAO that's a good one. I know one personnally too... Mine authorised a second sub some months ago...but a third one would be Everest to climbe!

Top Bottom