How do I configure this on a MAC

DanFfx

Registered
I have a MacBook Pro (M1) and would like to run REW on it. I see there is a MAC version but heard that it can handle multiple mics on a Mac.

I have 4 x Umik-1 mics and can use either a DSP-8 or MiniDSP. If I can calibrate without having to move mics around (I have 4) I could use it in my business, not just my home. I am happy to make a donation or to purchase calibration equipment through the site.

Can anyone tell me how best to configure for this? Do I need an upgraded version of REW? My configuration is 9.4.4. Many of my customer configurations are similar.

Thanks very much.

DanFfx

Registered
So If I get a Umik-X with 4 mics, this will solve the problem? It includes the pro-upgrade license.

So, to be clear, I would order the 16 channel version in order to get 4 mics. The mics are included and I can use them at 4 separate seating positions. Then this would connect to my Mac and include the upgrade license to the pro version? I could then use a minidsp 2 x 4 hd or DSP-408 to make individual adjustments to the subs for my corrections.

I plan to use this a lot so I want to understand the configuration. Thx.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
You could use multiple analog mics with a suitable interface or a mic array like the UMIK-X, but you should google UMIK-X (there are various reviews) to work out if that is suitable for your intended use.

DanFfx

Registered
Will do. I too want to be sure it's the right choice. I have 4 x Umik-1s now but they are USB mics and REW can't use them as multiple inputs.

Top Bottom