How can I get the dB SPL in a stored RTA measurement?

Afon

Registered
Hi, everyone.
I'm using REW as a background noise analyzing tool. But I found I can't get dB SPL from a RTA measurement. It only shows the dB SPL relative to the position of cursor.
How can I get it, if I only had a RTA measurement file?
Thank you very much

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 26

John Mulcahy

REW Author
It is shown in the comment for the saved measurement. If you want to capture levels over time probably better using the Logger on the SPL Meter.

Afon

Registered
Hi, John.
Thank you for your reply.
In my case, there's only RMS in the comment, that's wrong value, and it should be around 40 dBSPL. You could check my attachment.
For my application, It needs spectrum for short time period, also the dB SPL for that moment is important too. The SPL logger might not the right choice for it.
Thank you again.

It is shown in the comment for the saved measurement. If you want to capture levels over time probably better using the Logger on the SPL Meter.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-15 at 8.52.33 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-07-15 at 8.52.33 PM.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 31

John Mulcahy

REW Author
That RMS figure is the dB SPL reading, it is the same figure that appears at the top of the RTA graph on the right hand side when measuring. Bear in mind the RTA readings are unweighted so low frequency content has more influence than with a C or A weighted SPL meter reading.

Afon

Registered
Hi, John.
Got it. Is there any possibility to add C or A weighted on it?
Thanks.

Top Bottom