House Curve question

Socket

Hi folks
Am trying to tune my car audio system using REW
Am a bit stumped here with which house curve I should be matching for a LR4 crossover for my 3" mid with a 300 to 4000 hz bandpass
I have been using, Jazzis tuning companion for REW to generate a set of Half Whit housecurves with LR4 slopes (pic 1)
If I then import the generated house curve for the mid range driver into the REW EQ panel, I get the target graph below (pic 2)
It is should be a 24db 4th order slope, but it looks like its dropping at 17 db per octave??

If I turn off the housecurve and use the REW target line for a speaker driver 300-4000 hz with LR4 slope, I get the target graph below (pic 3)
It should be a 24db 4th order slope, but looks like its dropping 35db per octave

What am I doing wrong here?
Which target curve should I be using for a LR4 slope?

Thanks in advance

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I you want to use the REW driver target you should remove the house curve, which is being added to the crossover response, or have a house curve that only contains the shift from a flat response.

Socket

I you want to use the REW driver target you should remove the house curve, which is being added to the crossover response, or have a house curve that only contains the shift from a flat response.
Thanks so much John. I removed the uploaded housecurve and the REW target line was perfect...

Top Bottom