Main Amp
Apollon NC800 SL PRO
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Calyx Femto
Front Speakers
Thiel CS3.7
Streaming Subscriptions
JRiver - Sonore ultraRendu - Uptone ISO Regen
I am new to REW and UMIK-1 and have been doing my first measurements. One thing that seems strange to me is that both my systems, in different rooms with completely different components and speakers, different PC running REW with the same UMIK-1 mic + calibration file, both have a strange 10 kHz roll off.

Am I doing something wrong or are my systems really rolling off the highs? Also EQ does not try to fix it, it just leaves it as it is, even if I specify to try to fix up to 20kHz.

Measurements: blue is system 1 in a largish living room, green is system 2 in a small office.

1. HTPC - Uptone ISO Regen - Calyx Femto - Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE stage 2 - Apollon NC800 SL PRO - Thiel CS3.7
2. Desktop PC - Burson Conductor V2+ - Calyx Femti - Monitor Audio PL100

plots.png

Last edited:

MatiasR

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE stage 2
Main Amp
Apollon NC800 SL PRO
Calyx Femto
Front Speakers
Thiel CS3.7
Streaming Subscriptions
JRiver - Sonore ultraRendu - Uptone ISO Regen
I will try to change some things on my main system and remeasure. After I posted this I though better and my measurement is probably OK since the second system does not have such high frequency roll off.

jtalden

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Marantz AV7705 Pre/Pro
Main Amp
VTV 6 chnl NC252MP P-amp x 2
Additional Amp
Behringer DCX2496 x 2
OPPO BDP-103 Universal Player
Front Speakers
DIY SEAS H1456/H1212 Spkr x 5
Subwoofers
DIY JBL 2235H 15" SW x 2
Video Display Device
JVC DLA-X790R
Screen
Da-Lite Da-Snap 39105V - 92"
If you measured both L and R together and the mic was not perfectly centered that can create this 10 kHz rolloff effect. If the mic was slightly more off center there would also be more obvious comb filtering dips in the response at other frequencies. It's best to measure L and R separately. We can measure them individually, align the impulses in REW and then use (A + B) / 2 REW arithmetic to see the L+R combination that would occur with the mic perfectly centered.

Top Bottom