Main Amp
Kenwood KA8100
Additional Amp
Ashly FET1500
Computer Audio
minidsp 2x4
Front Speakers
ESS AMT 1d
I recently acquired a H/K avr520 w/o a remote control. Does anyone here know if other H/K remotes can access the setup functions. There several from the same time period that have the exact same button layout. would they work? Does anyone know?
Thanks, Dan

Last edited:

Sonnie

Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
StormAudio ISP Elite 24 MK3 Processor
Main Amp
McIntosh MC1.25KW Monoblock Amps
Additional Amp
StormAudio PA 16 MK3
Computer Audio
Intel NUC w/ Roon ROCK
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Panasonic UB9000 4K UHD Player (for media discs)
Front Speakers
RTJ 410
Center Channel Speaker
MartinLogan Focus C-18
Front Wide Speakers
JTR Neosis 110HT
Surround Speakers
JTR Neosis 210RT
Surround Back Speakers
JTR Neosis 210RT
Front Height Speakers
JTR Neosis 110HT-SL
Rear Height Speakers
JTR Neosis 110HT-SL
Subwoofers
JTR Captivator 2400 x6
Other Speakers or Equipment
VTI Amp Stands for the Monoblocks
Video Display Device
Sony 98X90L
Remote Control
Universal MX-890
Streaming Equipment
Kaleidescape | FireCube | Lenova X1 - Intel NUC for Roon
Streaming Subscriptions
Lifetime Roon Subscription
Tidal
qobuz
Netflix
Amazon Prime
Satellite System
Dish Joey 4K
Other Equipment
Zero Surge 8R15W-1 | Salamander Synergy Equipment Stand
Hmmm... I'm not aware if they will. I'm thinking the fast answer might be to contact HK and aske them. They might even have a replacement remote.

Have you checked ebay for the exact replacement?

Welcome to AV NIRVANA :T

dmartn149

Registered
More  
Kenwood KA8100
Main Amp
Kenwood KA8100
Additional Amp
Ashly FET1500
Computer Audio
minidsp 2x4
Front Speakers
ESS AMT 1d
Thanks Sonnie. I'm waiting for a reply from H/K support. It seems unlikely they would have a remote for a receiver that's almost 20 years old. They should know what remotes are compatible though. There was one on ebay, but I got out bid. I'm thinking that any one of the several models that have the same controls should be programmable to operate all the similar receivers of that era. They are programmable remotes after all. I'm hoping to get confirmation from someone/anyone who really knows before I buy the wrong one.
Thanks for the "welcome"

dmartn149

Registered
More  
Kenwood KA8100
Main Amp
Kenwood KA8100
Additional Amp
Ashly FET1500
Computer Audio
minidsp 2x4
Front Speakers
ESS AMT 1d
Here is the answer I got from Harman/Kardon in case anyone wants to know.

Good day! Thank you again for reaching to Harman Kardon regarding the AVR 520.
My name is Paul and I will assist with your inquiries.

The good news is that even that this AVR model has been about 20 years from the year when it was launched, we still have the original remote in stock.
The Part number is BE18A00, and the price is $121.17 each plus taxes and shipping, if applicable.

The closest AVR models that were also launched back in 2001, have their remote controls working with each other, with only very minor feature differences on each. These were the models, AVR120, AVR220, AVR320, AVR520, and the AVR7200, which was the flagship in their time. Later models will also work for major functions, such as the 2002 AVR 225 and the 2009's AVR 7500HD, although the remote layout can possibly be different than the 2001 AVR models. All of which will work as substitutes.

In addition to this, where I may not know the price is, there has been a particular manufacturer, that has been very keen on their universal remote controls, and has worked with almost all of our AVR models. The brand is Logitech and their models are called the Harmony remotes. I may not know for sure if all of their models will work or only a few of them, but I am positive that one or the other will work. Below is their link:
(deleted)
If you decide to buy the original remote from us, feel free to let us know and call us at (877) 871-6755 from Mon - Fri: 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. (ET) and Sat-Sun: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (ET), and our sales representative will assist you with placing orders over the phone. There are currently no online orders for parts yet.

I hope this information helps in any way. Feel free to let us know if you have any other questions.

Top Bottom