Guidance on Room Sim

kalakasan

Registered
I've gone back to REW room sim to fine tune my sub(s) placement before taking any more sound measurements. First of all, although I have 4 subs, 2 each are on one amp channel, so they are really 2 logical subs. My front subs are on either side of my tv with mains sitting on top. The front left is pretty much locked in to allow a door on the left wall to fully open. The front right sub does have some wiggle room, but I'd prefer to keep the subs spaced evenly on the tv.

So most of my adjustments are made on the subs in the rear of the room. There are 2 surround speaker columns in the back, along with a door to the left of the back wall (opens into the room). At this point, what I'd like to know is:

Is there a detailed description or post that covers all the options contained in room sim? For example, is there a way to estimate surface absorption in a drywalled room with plush carpet? How about a decoupled wall with 2 layers of 5/8" drywall and green glue? Is it really a useful factor at this point in the room integration process?

At any rate, the setup below is the best I can do to get a reasonably flat response for the 3 listening positions. Any observations or guidance is appreciated.

Top Bottom