DIY Class A Symmetrical
Computer Audio
Desktop PC / ProJect StreamBox S2 ultra / Singxer SU6 DDC
DAC
Denafrips Venus 2
Front Speakers
DIY 2 way transmission line floorstanders
Hi All,

I have just started using REW to measure my DIY audio amlpifier designs - Really great software, thanks. But I am having one problem.

I have REW installed of two PCs a Desktop and a Laptop. Works just fine on the Desktop.

However, on the laptop when I increase the level of the signal on the generator to over 207mV it is regularly resetting ( swtching off ) with an error message saying that the SPL is too high.

I have calibrated the generator with the external sound card ( Xonar U7) line output so that part is OK.

I need to generate about 300mV to get the desired test level on the amplifier.

The initial test O/P of the amp ( 5v peak ) is attenuated down to 0.455V with a 1k / 100 ohm divider before being fed into the line input of the sound card ( well within the limits of the soundcard line input )

So on the face of it there is no reason for the generator to be automatically reset - but yet it is resetting repeatedly.

If someone can pont me in the right direction to fix this problem, that would be great.

Many thanks

mike mears

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Just uncheck this box on the generator:

1693588905010.png

If you wanted to use an SPL limit (or measure SPL) at some point then go through the SPL meter SPL calibration.

mikelm345

Registered
More  
Main Amp
DIY Class A Symmetrical
Computer Audio
Desktop PC / ProJect StreamBox S2 ultra / Singxer SU6 DDC
DAC
Denafrips Venus 2
Front Speakers
DIY 2 way transmission line floorstanders
Top Bottom