FS: Electron Kinetics Eagle 4 Prime

L

Leonard Caillouet

Someone looking for a great value in an amp should consider this one. I am asking $450 plus actual shipping cost for it. I bought it used for more than that several years ago. It works fine and I have enjoyed listening to it. The amp is very dynamic and can handle every load that I ever hooked it up to easily. It is rated at 110w into 8 ohms and 195w into 4 ohms. If I recall correctly it was rated to drive down to under 2 ohms and my experience is that it never strains with low impedance. It has nice detail top to bottom and does everything right.

So why am I selling it? Well, I have several extra amps that I have been playing with for years and just don't need to have them around. I had it on a third small system driving my old Thiel 04 speakers but just don't have the space to listen to it. I am keeping my B&K amp for the main 2 channel system, not because it sounds better but because I like the way it looks and feels better. I listened to both extensively, did some blind A/B testing with them, and never could reliably identify them blind. I could say that the Eagle was maybe a little more detailed on the top end and the B&K a little better in the mid to upper mid range, but I could not confirm this in blind testing to statistical significance. I did most of the testing on my reference speakers, my ARX 5s. Since I tend to value upper mid definition most and can't hear as much on the far top end as I once could without pushing things too loud for the family, I'll let the Eagle go.

I love the amp and it has been fun to listen to, but I could use the space. I always appreciated the solid basic design of Iverson's amps. The still have great support from Eagle.

upload_2017-4-12_23-4-44.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom